Monday, January 31, 2011

Contingency Planning for Wednesday

A few years back I had a rather serious fall that required surgery and extensive rehab afterward. Mostly for that reason, I absolutely hate the freezing rain/sleet/hail that is in the forecast. So if it is treacherous outside we may not do a face to face class session on Wednesday. I will make that call either late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, depending on the situation then.

I had been thinking of doing an online session as an alternative. It would be optional, because if you don't have the equipment to make it then you can't participate and so I can't require it. I'm investigating possibilities. When I learn more I will let you know. I may then do a quick survey to gauge interest.

In the late 1980s, Champaign had a severe ice storm. Some parts of town were without power for a week. Obviously if I lose power at my home or lose the network an online class is not possible. Let's hope we don't have that problem, but I did buy flashlights today when I went shopping after my other class.

Please take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment